Saturday, April 19, 2008

Wang #13- Classic Icons

Audrey Hepburn

Everytime I think of the LBD, I automatically think of Audrey Hepburn and Breakfast at Tiffany`s. The Breakfast at Tiffany's movie poster itself is iconic. Hepburn is the epitome of class and style. She always wore clean cut dresses and added simple accessories. Her thick black eyebrows and petite frame are known world-wide. She is truly one of the classics.







Jean Seberg

It makes me so sad to see that few people are aware of the impact Jean Seberg has on French fashion. I believe it was her in the movie 1960 A Bout De Souffle (Breathless) that created the well-known look of black and white striped dresses/tops and short boyish haircut. I think Jean is completely underrated. But when I think French Fashion, I think of Jean.






Grace Kelly

She was known as the "American Princess". She won an Oscar at the age of 25 and was swept off her feet by Prince Rainier of Monaco by 26. The famous Kelly Bag by Hermes was named after her and she is famously known to wear an Hermes scarf for an arm sling when she broke her arm. I just love how she always wore fur coats and scarves with such sophistication.







I`ll continue later.

source: tfs

No comments: